Featured Not resolved
1.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Usability

Avoid IBP at all costs.Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

I bought a computer advertised to have 12 drive bays intending it to be a video workstation. It has been 18 months and I still do not have the hardware to install more than seven hard drives. Tech support even told me I was not allowed to install a 3.5 drive in a 5.25 drive bay. Six bays were 3.5 and six were 5.25.

They did include one 5.25 tray with the ability to install a 3.5 drive. I upgraded the power supply, but they did not send all of the cables, only what they used to connect to the motherboard, an optical drive and two hard drives. The drive bays only had enough custom trays for the three drives I bought from them. Over three quarters of their shipments for the missing parts had the wrong parts.

It has been 18 months and I still have a workstation that I cannot add the last four hard drives. If you do not pay extra to have your purchase delivered with expedited service, it may take months to get your PC. IBP expedited service is nothing more than everyone else's normal service: first in first out.

The price of the PC might seem like a good deal, but the high expedited processing fee negates the good price and brings it in line with their competitors.I highly recommend avoiding IBP and buying from any reputable vendor.

Review about: Ibuypower Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service, Expedite fee, Delivery, Incomplete pc-missing parts.

Had an Experience with IBUYPOWER?

Comments

Shame on you for waiting past 2 months. I would have been on the phone day and night fighting for my parts.

to Anonymous Abilene, Texas, United States #1323768

I did!! Over that time I received nine or ten shipments. I got every conceivable power supply cable before I got the right ones; I got three shipments of 3.5 trays when I was looking for 5.25 trays and on and on and on.

Mike_mn
Andover, Minnesota, United States #1320569

I feel your pain.

*** the bullet, and purchase 3.5 to 5.5 brackets. Amazon at $6.65.

If you purchase a PS, make sure it's a left or right mount.

Mike_mn
to Mike_mn Andover, Minnesota, United States #1320570

Wow! The censored the word 'B I T E'.

to Mike_mn Abilene, Texas, United States #1320573

I did check into those. The case has a proprietary mounting system. I would have to break off parts of the case and drill holes to mount industry standard trays