2.4
Style and Design

After just over a year of owning my laptop it went out in flames.It actually did.

I was playing an online game when smoke and fire came out of the side the charging pin is located. Pulled the charger out and it SHOCKED AND BURNED my finger! Called them to try and get help- big mistake. I will have to pay for shipping and handling for them to even inspect my computer (which has already been inspected by a professional).

Even after they receive it they will charge me for the parts. I feel like a computer blowing up in such a way is enough for some kind of law suit and they should've at least made the inspection free. Don't know what could have happened if a kid grabbed the charger, or if my computer was unattended when it flamed up in my house. The "manager" was unprofessional, dismissive, and rude.

I am completely done with this company.Don't expect any decency or quality product from them.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with IBUYPOWER and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about chimera cx 9 laptop from IBUYPOWER was customer service, being injured by product and warranty , but reviewer liked product when it worked. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about IBUYPOWER.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Computers category for more informed decision or compare IBUYPOWER to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with IBUYPOWER?

Comments