2.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Usability

THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE. Plain and simple. I am an engineering student in my freshman year at a BIG 10 university. I ordered an ASUS ROG GL502VT from this company as I knew they had a reputation for performance, power, and gaming. My intention was to buy a laptop to handle high power CAD and modeling software, as well as light gaming.

I placed my order on August 12, hoping to recieve the laptop by the first or second week of school (school started on August 22). On the website they "assure" the consumer that laptops will ship out in 5 to 10 business days... obviously not the case.

They finally began collecting parts on August 22. Collecting parts... for a pretty much pre-built laptop with a hard drive and ram upgrade. They weren't done collecting parts until September 14...

I have called this company a total of 17 times throughout the course of my order, constantly checking in on my computer's stagnant status. Every time I called I was told that whoever I was talking to would look into the issue for me and call me back... they never did. I felt like the ugly girl on prom night. No one could give me a straight answer as to why my computer was in limbo.

So, here I was with a 6 year old HP dv6 that cannot run without being plugged in and a 2 inch wide band of dead pixels running up the right side. Forget about gaming... I couldn't even check my emails effectively.

Finally my laptop arrived on September 27, and man does it run well so far, but 47 days was just an unacceptable amount of time to wait. So, I called in to tell them about my negative experience and ask for some much needed compensation.

My compensation for a 47 day long wait was a free game code... are you kidding me?? A game code? And knowing them, they would probably just send me a discount code for some second hand code site like Green Man Gaming or G2A. (Note: I still haven't even gotten a game code)

I told the representative that this was not even close to adequate compensation for my troubles. He told me he wasn't authorized to issue any more compensation and told me I needed to call back on Monday (today) to speak to a manager.cHe, like the rest, was very rude to me.

Of course I called, left my callback number, and was greeted by a way less than friendly rep who started off the call with "so you're calling because your computer took too long?"

Yes, yes I am. When I spend $1300 on a high end product I expect $1300 service, not $0.50 service of an iPhone cable being shipped from China that you accidentally order on Amazon after realizing there was no Prime on your order.

The customer service was very rude, their higher-ups are never present to speak to, and their waiting time is just ridiculous. IBUYPOWER has lost my family's, friends', and my own business.

Sure you can find some great deals on higher end PCs, but you'll get the service of a garage based startup company.

This reviewer shared experience about problem with delivery and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $150. This person is overall dissatisfied with IBUYPOWER and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about ibuypower shipping service at IBUYPOWER was customer service, wait time and price , but reviewer liked customization options. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about IBUYPOWER.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Computers category for more informed decision or compare IBUYPOWER to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with IBUYPOWER?

Comments