Ibuypower not good bad better Business Bureau F rating buyer beware
Update added by user Mar 31, 2016
“ Every company has its ups and downs hopefully after reading this they will go up We're giving them a five star rating for change and hopefully better quality builds and less failures out to the customers
Update added by user Mar 31, 2016
Just ask them to help others more get a better letter on the Better Business Bureau the score is (a-f) and they have an F.
Side: Note UPS lady in our town was also disappointed and had to return Her computer cause it was broken, I spoke to the (UPS laby) while waiting in line to return my computer) The UPS lady ask to says please do a better job when making the computers please
Original review posted by user Mar 30, 2016
Should you buy a computer from Ibuypower.com, make your own decision read the below. Bought on 2/24/2016 returned on 03/18/2016, 23 days from their door back to their door . Update we had to return our computer, even though the computer had problems and we were returning it due to issues we/you still have to pay shipping back. It wasn't like we didn't want the computer the computer didn't work right but we were still responsible for shipping. So beware of that.
We were lucky and we're still within the 30 day moneyback guarantee as it continued to crash watching videos Netflix YouTube Hulu the monsters TV show, The computer just kept crashing black screen etc…
Issue number 1 ,When the computer arrived the LED lights had fallen out and we're laying inside the case. We took pictures of problems as well as other parts fell out.
Issue number 2, The computer crashes goes to black screen and makes a loud noise and other times it just goes to a black screen must restart the whole computer. We were watching the rock San Andreas just a movie on Netflix and The computer crashed black screen loud noise. We took videos of the above issue #2, The video Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB with G-Syn
Issue number 3, when buying a computer using PayPal from Ibuypower you must put in your name and Social Security number the way that they collect the information through PayPal check out only shows up on PayPal credit even if you have your PayPal account linked PayPal credit has been aware of this now and it is under investigation to change it. Currently when you buy a computer you cannot do a resolution through PayPal and PayPal credit will not link or show on the PayPal site. PayPal credit is trying to work on this and correct this issue.
Issue # 4, they have an ( F ) very poor failure, F rating for the Better Business Bureau, here is the link you can see it yourself, http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/computers-dealers/ibuypowercom-in-city-of-industry-ca-13141649
BBB.org Business Review • Overview • Complaints • Customer Reviews THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED iBuyPower.com On a scale of A+ to F 529 Baldwin Park Blvd City of Industry, CA 91746-1419 130 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 30 closed in last 12 months Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints Advertising / Sales Issues 6 Delivery Issues 8 Guarantee / Warranty Issues 13 Problems with Product / Service 103 Billing / Collection Issues 0 Total Closed 130
we did a lot of reviewing and through the reviews many people have spoken about Robert and had good things to say about him so we used Robert Chen and he was helpful.
We did try the online chat it took a little bit and the representative who answered the online chat session was Robert Chen. They do have a company picture of their employees on their website in the about them section. Hopefully will never have to use support but at this time we are currently unable to give you a solid review on the support because we have not used it yet.
After buying our computer, We received an email auto generated letting us know that Mike would be our main point of contact to the sale. we did called Mike and spoke on the phone we also called Robert and spoke on the phone. We did send both Mike and Robert emails but only heard back from Robert. We're not saying anything bad about mike, we just read a lot of reviews about Robert and people seem to favor him so we used Robert.
Any questions or information we called Robert and he answered his phone and email, Robert preferred to talk over the phone to answer any questions or problems we may have.
The computer was packed well and they put foam inside the computer case which was very nice because we did not purchase that option which was an option on the website the foam in the case should be a standard not an option when shipping out.
Our buying experience we had, This is based on our personal experiences Buying computers through Ibuypower.com
We hope this helps others when buying a computer we're sorry to say at this time we would not recommend buying from Ibuypower, This should be a major red flag to others.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refunded had to pay shipping back
- Computer problems
- Leftover parts in case
- Sloppy wiring
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Get new tech and for the builders of the computer possibly could even be more
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I made an order of 270$ After one day, they delete my order without any appreciable reason, and without a way of replying them. And they wrote me "you will get..."
- "Guy is a crook. Sold me a piece of junk Dell D620 Laptop, guaranteed the computer to work fine. Computer failed less than 2 months later, and called to ask..."
- "-Diagnosed bad motherboard needed to be replaced by highly trained ET (With my limited knowledge,I was better qualified than these people)-ET wiped drive clean and installed new Home Premium OS..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I purchased my wife's engagement ring and wedding band from Primestyle and I couldn't be happier. its actually hard to believe that they were able to give me such a..."
- "I rented a pink Breast Cancer Party Bus for my sister must say everyone had a great time. The driver was very friendly and a people person. We..."
- "Worst customer service ever! I got a dress that is clearly not the size I ordered and they refuse to take it back stating it was custom made for me...."