IBUYPOWER - Review about Chimera Cx 9 Laptop from Bellingham, Washington

After just over a year of owning my laptop it went out in flames.It actually did.

I was playing an online game when smoke and fire came out of the side the charging pin is located. Pulled the charger out and it SHOCKED AND BURNED my finger! Called them to try and get help- big mistake. I will have to pay for shipping and handling for them to even inspect my computer (which has already been inspected by a professional).

Even after they receive it they will charge me for the parts. I feel like a computer blowing up in such a way is enough for some kind of law suit and they should've at least made the inspection free. Don't know what could have happened if a kid grabbed the charger, or if my computer was unattended when it flamed up in my house. The "manager" was unprofessional, dismissive, and rude.

I am completely done with this company.Don't expect any decency or quality product from them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Chimera Cx 9 Laptop
Review category
review #752067 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with IBUYPOWER? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to IBUYPOWER. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about IBUYPOWER.
Filing a new complaint about